It’s time… for me to release this playlist into the Demiworld.
Below are 19 songs that served as background music while writing — and daydreaming about — Rise of the Seers. It’s more mood music than anything else.
Songs often resonate in ways that prose cannot. I think you’ll enjoy these tracks and I hope that they serve as a key that unlocks some of the more spiritual, psychological, and emotional themes of Ethan Eclaan’s story.
I could talk about what these songs mean for hours. But, you’d best give this a listen.
And don’t fall down the rabbit hole.
(If you can’t see the embed below, click here.)
- Digital Daggers: “Heaven or Hell”
- Thomas Bergersen: “Empire of Angels”
- Lorde: “Glory and Gore”
- Matt Boswell: “A Mighty Fortress”
- Two Steps from Hell: “Protectors of the Earth”
- PVRIS: “Holy”
- The Glitch Mob: “Bad Wings”
- Skillet: “Whispers in the Dark”
- Lacey Sturm: “Impossible”
- Two Steps From Hell: “Archangel”
- Death Cab for Cutie: “Angel With a Shotgun”
- Chris Tomlin: “Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)”
- Tiffany Alvord & The Piano Guys: OneRepublic’s “Secrets”
- Switchfoot: “Vice Verses”
- Broods: “Conscious”
- Eurielle: “City of the Dead”
- Dorothy: “Midnight”
- Eurielle: “Dies Irae”
- AViVA: “Rabbit Hole”